Well, we have decided that if your excited as we are to check out Windows 8 Consumer Preview you probably want to document the install process. If your not so excited than we just became big nerds in your eyes. For all of our readers out there we do warn you, this install is FAST. This took us less than 10 minutes after downloading the ISO to have the OS up and running to put our information in. Check out our gallery below for some awesome shots! Also, expect a first impressions post from us later this evening! Until our next update on Windows 8, Happy Hacking!
We also wanted to let you know that Kent Walter has this to say about the requirements for the Consumer Preview:
Windows 8 Consumer Preview should run on the same hardware that powers Windows 7 today. In general, you can expect Windows 8 Consumer Preview to run on a PC with the following:
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- 1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution